Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for Ratt


I once dated a guy who listened to RATT all day, everyday. It wan't until then that I realized how truly annoying an obsession with one single band could become. (Not that this knowledge stopped me from obsessing over MY favorite musicians, mind you...)

Jessica Bell and I have teamed up for the A-Z blogging challenge this year to talk about our musical muses - a band/artist or song that has inspired, or affected us in some way.

For a few months, I heard this song every day. More than once.



Pretty hard for it not to make an impact.

Back in my head-banging, leather coat-wearing days, I admit to liking Ratt quite a bit. I even have a few of the their songs on my iPod right now. You'd be surprised at how well music of the 80s inspires a run, some quality time with my elliptical or a great scene.

But for the most part, I now live in Alberta, which is a rat-free zone.

Except today...when it's possible I'll play You're in Love over and over again. Enjoy!

Are you also in a Ratt-free zone? What other "R" musician or song would you list on the musical soundtrack of your life?

Now, go check out some of the other blogs taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge, including my Dawn Dalton blog where I'm talking about awesome YA books, and the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where Judith and I are writing poems and talking smack about some creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

4 comments:

  1. Wow, for some reason they remind me of L7 ... I wouldn't be surprised if they were inspired by them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a vid! http://vimeo.com/10606965

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've honestly never heard of Ratt. At all! I'm going to check out Jessica's video now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack must be young!
    I was in college when Ratt became big. Body Talk is one of my favorite songs. (It's also from the movie Golden Child.)

    ReplyDelete