Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Linkin Park


When LINKIN PARK's debut album launched, I bought three copies. No, not because I lost them or scratched them...but because I wanted to make sure I was never without one.

Jessica Bell and I have teamed up for the A-Z blogging challenge this year to talk about our musical muses - a band/artist or song that has inspired, or affected us in some way. My Linkin Park binge lasted about six months.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you what it is about the band that had such an impact on me, only that back when "downloading" music on Napster was a phase, I tried getting this entire album - until I realized downloading anything on dial-up wasn't going to get me instant gratification.

I still enjoy Linkin Park, but I generally forget to listen to them until I hear a song on the radio and am reminded of their awesomeness. This is one of my favorite tracks:



And if there was any question of their talent, check out what the boys did with this Adele song. Incredible.



How about you? Is Linkin Park in your favorite band hit list? Or which "L" group makes the grade instead?

Now, go check out some of the other blogs taking part in the A-Z Blogging challenge, including my Dawn Dalton blog where I'm talking about awesome YA books, and the Most-Wanted Monsters blog where Judith and I are writing poems and talking smack about some creeptastic beasties.

- Dawn

15 comments:

  1. They covered "Rolling in the Deep"? AWESOME!

    Linkin Park is a staple of my iTunes. So is Live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, YES! I absolutely LOVE, Linkin Park!!! My faves are: Breaking the Habit, In the End and my totally, absolute fav NUMB! Gosh, I love them! Thanks for featuring them!

    I like Limp Bizkit and my fav L group is Led Zeppelin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack, I LOVE Limp Bizkit - and I can't believe I didn't even mention Led Zeppelin. Stairway to Heaven was the slow dance song of my youth :-D

      Delete
  3. This is one I definitely wouldn't have guessed from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I love Linkin Park. I need to listen to them more.

      Delete
  4. I've always like Points of Authority. One of the best videos I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I love Linkin Park. They are on my playlists a lot.

    Great post,
    Michelle :)
    www.michelle-pickett.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. Going to check out your blog...

      Delete
  6. I'm not a huge Linkin Park fan, but I like these songs. I'm still cracking up about dial-up downloads. I think getting the song via carrier pigeon would have been faster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny - when I think about it now, I laugh too. I can still remember how frustrated I would get when after four hours, I only had half a song.

      Delete
  7. Hey Dawn, I had not heard about LP doing Rolling in the Deep. Thanks for that. I think Chester Bennington has one of the most amazing voices and unless you are an every song, every CD fan or seen them live, you might think all he does is scream. I got to see them live in Macau last year and it was the best show I have ever been to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I have to look Chester Bennington up. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Linkin Park has been one of my faves ever since they came out with "In the End" ages ago. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete