Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Z is for Zombies


Last year was my first crack at the A-Z Blogging Challenge, a blogging phenomenon created by the amazing Arlee Bird. The object is to blog every day of the month of April (except Sundays), and to increase the challenge (if you want), to blog thematically from A to Z. No sweat, right? Last year, I blogged about music with Jessica Bell. This year, I'm heading back to my roots and blogging about all things thriller. Join me?
*     *    *



It's the final day of the A to Z Challenge and I am grateful for all of the new blogs I've discovered throughout April - but also relieved it has come to an end. I actually maintained three blogs for the challenge - it started as four, but I can only stretch so far. I blogged here, of course, and over at the "other me" website I talked about movies I loved as a child, and then I wrote in character as Chase Duffy talking about things/people that inspire him.

All three of my blog posts today have a zombie connection. The "other me" is talking about Zombieland, a great horror comedy. And Chase is chatting about his love of Zombie fiction. Chase is way out of my target audience range, but I'm glad he's a fan of Zombie fiction, because the thriller book I'm currently working on. The book is called Madonna of the Bones - and aside from the title and the general theme, that's about all I'm going to say right now.

I love this book. It's been percolating for almost a year, and I've been plucking away at research, jotting down scenes, and outlining the plot. It might be the most well thought-out of all of my projects. Which is why, now that the A to Z is done, I'll be back to my weekly blog schedule - and spending the rest of that valuable time writing Madonna of the Bones. Well, that and a few other things I've got on tap.

Zombies. They're pretty cool, no?

How are you ending off the A to Z Challenge? Zombie apocalypse? 

- Dawn


2 comments:

  1. Zodiac and a prediction that came true eleven years later. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Now how did I know you'd end with zombies??????

    ReplyDelete