Monday, January 11, 2010

The "other" demon hunter

A lot of people think Jensen Ackles is the hotter of the two Winchester brothers on Supernatural. But based on this picture of Jared Padalecki, I'm hard pressed to commit either way - each of them has their own natural, er, charm.

What I do know is that on screen, Jared (Sam) is less of a player, more committed to the purpose, more logical and practical - thus less easily distracted.

Life kind of got in the way of my writing goals this week, not necessarily in a "bad" way, though I'm sure my mentor would be tsking my lack of focus over the last couple of weeks. It's not that I don't want to get back into the swing of things - it's just there's so many fun things to do.

Like read.

And hang out with my family.

And watch season four of Dexter.

But this morning I woke up with Jagger's throaty (and cranky) voice reminding me - again - of my Valentine's Day promise and at the risk of being pierced by one of her less-than-fun arrows, I resign myself to getting down to business.

Jared is going to help. I've watched him *drool* steer his brother Dean in the right direction, and Supernatural is still on hiatus for one more week - which means he should have plenty of time to star in this week's role of muse. Right?


The Book In My Bag Today: Covet, J.R. Ward

8 comments:

  1. Uh. I'm having issues with getting comments through lately. Hope this one works.

    First, I have never seen this series, although to support you, I just may have to be willing to fill visual fields with man-candy. (oh yeah!)

    Second, do you have the first season on DVD? If so, can I borrow it.

    Last, with Jared, Jagger and Jan to crack the whip, you better get busy, darlin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the first season on DVD...I always borrow from the amazing friend who introduced me to the show. But it's on my list, and as soon as I get it, I'll lend it out.

    Obviously, this week of inspiration is brought to you by the letter "j" - getting busy as we speak :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know...I'm actually swinging more for Jared...which is WEIRD cuz I've always been a Jensen fan!

    But seriously...I wouldn't kick either one out of eating crackers in my bed...I would however kick my hubby out! ;) Just kidding...I think!

    Hey Cherry! I'm the "amazing" friend! LOL! Where are you? Would you like to borrow season 1?

    Thank you Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ! , Dawn this is AWESOME ! i love it you are so good at wrighting . hehehehehehe !

    XoXoXo
    Aydra =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, thanks Aydra :-) I love you.

    Zombiemom, Cherrytarts lives in Edmonton. I bet she'd love to borrow the season...and I know where she lives. That's my best friend...turning the world into Supernatural addicts, one female at a time :-) Love ya. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. *waving at Zombiemom* I would be one of the critique partners - no! One of the brilliant critique partners. I would love to borrow it sometime if you can spare it. Nice to "meet" you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL @ cherrytart. I thought you were being "anonymous". I'll assure Karen she can trust you, oh BRILLIANT CP :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!! Hi Cherrytart!!! *waves back* Well...brilliant critique partner..you'll have it for the next meeting! Nice to meet you to!! :)

    Dawn...when is the next meeting? *boggle*

    ReplyDelete