Monday, December 14, 2009

Angelina will steer me right...right?

You can say what you want about Angelina Jolie, but if there's one thing that's clear, the woman rarely misses her target. Whether its landing a star role, a leading man, or fighting for one of her many causes, Angelina is a force to be reckoned with.

When I grow up (grin) I want to be her.

Yeah, I know, she's done some weird things - like that intimate kiss with her brother, or wearing Billy Bob's blood in a vial around her neck. But over the years, she's also fought for several noble causes and made numerous contributions to improve children's lives.

Still, I didn't select her to be this week's muse for either her rebellious past or her present angelic (and wealthy) nature.

For one thing she embodies the thrill-seeking, tough chick I imagine two of my characters to be. She's confident, beautiful and sexy. And, she has a knock-out smile that radiates from the screen. This week I'm in desperate need for plenty of those smiles. As the holidays approach, I'm losing traction with the WIP, which translates to some writerly doubt - and I'm pretty sure Angelina wouldn't tolerate that.

So I'm ok with her whipping me into shape. Often when I'm running on the treadmill, I watch the opening sequence to the first Tomb Raider, and somehow I'm inspired to look that awesome in a black tank top, booty shorts and strap-on "guns." (Don't even get me started about the dog sledding scene - I tried it once and didn't look even half as graceful.)

And since it was her handsome hubby Brad Pitt who gave me the biggest push on this WIP just last month, I figure she's competitive enough to want to out-do him. I've got no problem racing to the finish line with Angelina at my side. Honest.

My apologies to those who read my Monday morning post with the anticipation of some male eye candy. I had little say in the matter - Angelina is also a sly and convincing muse.


The Book In My Bag Today: The Devil's Punchbowl, Greg Isles

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I can admire a beautiful woman too, you know. I'm open minded. Just get that wip done, girl. Imagine Angelina kicking your doubt to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully she brings her hubby to help :-P

    ReplyDelete