Monday, July 16, 2012

I'd be lost without this muse


I've always had an eclectic selection of Muse Avatars. After all, TV and movie stars don't have a monopoly on inspiration. But in light of recent developments in my life, I've been more glued to the TV than ever and thus my muse selections lean more towards some of TV's leading men.

I have a slight obsession with Chris Holden Reid.

I discovered him about six months ago when I found the TV show Lost Girl, a hidden gem in the supernatural genre of series. Seriously, the first season blew my mind (Go Canada!), and while I'm not all ga ga over the female protagonist, Bo, the show has a seriously awesome supporting cast.

In fact, if I ever had the opportunity to cast a TV show, I'd steal two of their actors - including Chris Holden Reid.

On Lost Girl, Chris plays Dyson, a gritty cop who also just happens to be fae. Dyson. I just love that name. I pretty much love everything about him, though.

The photo doesn't do him justice. There's something ultra sexy and raw about his acting, and though the show hooked me in the first season, I'm betting I'll only stick it out as long as Chris does.

This week, I'm sticking him in the role of muse avatar - because I've got a lot on the go. Shocking, right? Here's hoping Chris can help all of us out in the inspiration department. Happy Monday!

- Dawn

The Book In My Bag Today: The Last Boyfriend, Nora Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment