Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Muse in Disguise (better late than never)


I'm three episodes in on the first season of Game of Thrones - and yes, I get it! I understand the hype. 

Ever since I came back from the Banff World Media Festival, I've had an insatiable hunger for TV - especially series that are "new to me" like Being Human, Blood Ties and of course, Game of Thrones.  I'm loving the epic fantasy feel. 

I read George R.R. Martin's books many, MANY years ago, but from what I can remember, the on screen adaptation is pretty darn good. 

The world is incredibly developed, the cinematography brilliant, but what really resonates with me is the awesome characterization. I haven't figured everyone out yet, but I'm really intrigued by Khal Drogo (Jason Momoa). He kind of gives me the creeps - and yet there's something strangely sexy about him. I thought I might be losing my mind until I looked him up.

Uh...yeah...definitely muse avatar worthy.


The week is half over and I'm late picking a muse - but I think Jason here is up for the challenge. As my long list of things to do increases, I have a feeling Jason may have to put in a lot of overtime this week - on screen and off.

Watching Game of Thrones? What's your opinion? And which character do you love?

- Dawn

The Book In My Bag Today: 50 Shades Darker, E.L. James

1 comment:

  1. He was one of my favourite characters in Stargate Atlantis. And soo easy to look at. :-)

    I'm a Sean Bean fan and definitely liked Eddard Stark. Also, Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark.

    ReplyDelete