Friday, June 8, 2012

A few projects that sizzle


The Banff World Media Festival begins Sunday, just TWO sleeps from now - though I have a feeling I won't be doing much sleeping before then.

If you're into scripts and screenplays, it's likely you've heard about this event, and even more likely you're wishing you could be there, as well. Believe me, I completely understand how fortunate I am to tag along with the amazing Tracy Belsher/Judith Graves for what should be a nerve-wracking and eye-opening five days of learning, networking and pitching.

But there's still so much to do. Treatments to write, scripts and screenplays to polish up, clothes to pack... We'll be ready though, because if there's something Judith and I do well, it's produce under pressure.

Along with a suitcase of ideas, three completed scripts, six full treatments, and one individual screenplay each, we're going to be armed with this...a "sizzle reel" featuring our top six projects.



The music for the clip we'll show executives is different (edgier!) due to copyright issues, but you get the idea - drama, horror, thriller and dark comedy, we've got it covered.

Now all I have to do is practice pitching those log lines without stammering...or passing out.

Oy! To Banff we go!

- Dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment