Monday, January 31, 2011

If it ain't broke...

Honestly, sometimes I wonder why I bother auditioning anyone other than Ian Somerhalder for the role of muse avatar.

Especially after last week's episode of Vampire Diaries.

So far this year, I've selected a Swedish soccer player (who, let's face it, just looked good), Mark Salling (of Glee) and Bret Michaels (80s  rocker) - and none of them had the ability to kick start my writing.

Ian never fails. Never.

Not only have I not written scarcely a word this past month, I've barely read. In fact, I've only completed ONE book in 2011, which is a far cry from my goal of 75.

Damon Salvatore, er, Ian, is going to help me this week.

My TBR pile is well stocked, including a few sequels to series I started in 2010. I'm finally going to finish off Melissa Marr's faery series (one of my fave writers having discovered her in 2010), and a few of my stand-by authors - Lee Child, Steve Berry, Sandra Brown - have new books on the shelf that I'm itching to read.

I know that reading fuels writing, but it's likely Ian will get all the credit. After a pretty emotional Vampire Diaries last week, I figure he could use a bit of distraction. I'm more than happy to provide it.

The Book In My Bag Today: Motor Mouth, Janet Evanovich

6 comments:

  1. Sorry, it took me a minute to actually read your post. I had to clean off my computer screen after I licked that picture (TMI?)

    Oh that man killed me this past week with his performance. It doesn't seem far that someone that beautiful can also be talented AND intelligent. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!!

    I couldn't concentrate on the words on the page! Kinda like "Oh, there's a blog attached?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting something that will keep me distracted for way too long:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm....Ian. He was my *model* for the WIP I shelved last summer. Those blue eyes are VERY inspiring.

    ReplyDelete