Monday, January 10, 2011

Book 1 of 2011 inspires this week's muse

I had a bit of a True Blood Christmas.

My friend Karen hooked me up with three Charlaine Harris "Sookie Stackhouse" novels and a True Blood journal. And just this weekend, my mother-in-law brought me a True Blood calendar. Woot!

Sadly, there is only one picture of Alexander Skaarsgard (Eric) in it, which isn't nearly enough to fill the hole left by the show's seasonal hiatus. Yeah, I know, I'm a dork.

Add to this the fact that I finally finished Living Dead in Dallas, the second "Sookie Stackhouse" book - and my first novel of 2011. I loved it. But then, I knew I would.

If you're a True Blood fan, or have read the books, you know that Sookie is human, reads minds and is dating Bill, a vampire. Personally, I think she should ditch him for Eric (the sexier vampire) but hey, what do I know? (I'm not on Team Edward either...)

After reading the first Sookie book last year, I noted how impressed I was that the characters in the show stay pretty true to the book - great casting! That's true Living Dead in Dallas as well. Harris is a tight writer who understands her characters. The voice of Sookie is dead on - and so well done.

Best of all, Harris even makes Eric sound sexy in print.

Which is why I've cast him as this week's muse avatar. I'm not reading the next novel in the series quite yet, and I have a long wait for the next season of True Blood. So, this is going to have to do.


Go forth, my handsome muse. Inspire me!

The Book in My Bag Today: On Writing, Stephen King

7 comments:

  1. Just landing on your blogspot and watching the picture of Eric appear sent me into fits of giggles. Your muses kill me!

    But he is super hot. There's no doubt about that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love when friends hook you up ;-)

    Hope your muse comes through, Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten into the series but I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how am I supposed to pay read the post when I can't tear my eyes from the yummy picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know just how to bait the blogging trap, don'tcha? mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the story or had much of a desire to watch the show...but seeing THAT picture, I'm inclined to check it out.

    Um, and if MY muse looked like that, I wouldn't get a damn thing done. Except staring at my muse all day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUZANNE - Yep. Totally a hottie - and honestly, he even sounds hot when Charlaine writes about him!

    JAMIE - sadly, as hot as Eric is, he isn't very inspiring. Another day of no writing. Boo!

    WW - Based on what I've read on your blog, I'm not sure you'd love it...but the eye candy is nice :-)

    STINA - meh, the words in the post aren't nearly as exciting as the picture. Consider it my Monday present.

    VICKI - Yes m'amn :-D

    TRACY - Just try the first season. With all of the eye candy, your time won't be wasted. Promise!

    ReplyDelete