Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Muse(s)


This morning, I woke up to two beautiful Valentine's Day cards from the two people who mean the most to me in the world - handsome hubby and my beautiful stepdaughter.

I'm not one of those women who needs jewelry (though I'd never turn down shoes), and I certainly don't need chocolate. But both of my Valentine's took special care to pick out a card that said something from their heart - and being the baby that I am, I cried.

On the way to school / work this morning, I thought about the week ahead of me. It's busy. I need to work out more. I need to write more. And I need to spend more time with my family. (Not to mention power on with the day job...)

Seems appropriate then that this week, I appoint my amazing family as muse avatars. At the end of the day, nothing truly inspires me more than their unconditional love. (Not even Ian Somerhalder!)

Happy Valentine's Day Jeff and Aydra. Thank you for always inspiring me. I love you <3

Wishing all of my blogger friends a wonderful Valentine's.

The Book In My Bag Today: Bloodthirsty, Flynn Meaney

OH! I'm sending special love to the amazing Jessica Bell, who just this weekend finished revisions to her novel, String Bridge, due out in November by Lucky Press.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day!

    Glad you're having a good one! I know I will when I make my troll some curried lamb sausage. he's going to be soooo happy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet:) Hope you had a great day. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Valentine's Day wish. :D

    (Oh, I'm not big into jewelry either)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so lovely! :o) I'm so happy for you! (and thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice.

    See, I do need chocolate though. I have a chocolate drawer in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. Great muse pick! You're so lucky to be loved so much. :)

    ReplyDelete