Monday, January 7, 2013

New year, not-so-new muse


The winter TV season kicked into gear this month, which means a buffet of tasty new shows, and a return of some of my faves. Like Lost Girl.

I freaking love this show. Sure, it's a bit cheesy sometimes, and I don't love the main character. But it's Canadian, and what I'm missing in the lead's role, I get IN SPADES with the supporting cast. Like Dyson.

Played by Chris Holden Reid, Dyson is a cop, and the main love interest of the protagonist, who is a succubus faery. Dyson is smart, sexy and fun. Oh yeah, and he's a werewolf.

This week, he's my muse avatar. There isn't any deep justification for this other than the show is back (squee!) and he's hot. And maybe - if I'm lucky - he'll help me get over my Jax Teller obsession (Sons of Anarchy) until the show returns next fall (gasp). Go forth and inspire, my friend.

- Dawn

The Book In My Bag Today: An Abundance of Katherines, John Green

2013 Resolutions Stats

Wordcount (Jan 1-7): 7,800 (on target for 500,000 words/yr or 1300/day)
Total pounds lost: 3
Books Completed (reading): 0
Movies Watched: 0
Pamper Moment: Bottle of Therapy wine. (no really, that's the brand. Therapy.)
Calendar worthy pictures: 0


No comments:

Post a Comment