Monday, July 23, 2012

An original muse

All this TV (it's for a good cause, honest!) over the past few weeks has reminded me of the original show that introduced me to binge watching -- 24.

I watched the first two seasons in two weekends, enough time to catch me up to the third season, whereby for the next four years, Mondays became almost a religious occasion. Shows like Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Lost Girl or even True Blood don't hold a candle to the kind of obsession I had for 24 - missing an episode wasn't an option.

It's been two years since Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) saved the last President on 24, but I often watch random episodes thanks to the full DVD collection gifted to me by my awesome mother-in-law over the past few Christmases and birthdays.

Jack Bauer is a spectacular character. Of course, I'm a huge Kiefer fan (he was one of my original muse avatars) but there was something so kick-ass about Jack. I love his vulnerabilities, his tough-guy routine, his failed relationships, his heroism in the face of adversity. Jack Bauer is about as three-dimensional as they come.

I'm working on my own multi-dimensional character right now for HEARTLESS, the first book in a series featuring Jagger Valentine. You'll be hearing a lot about Jagger over the next couple of months - heck, maybe years - but I'm sure having fun with her right now.

I'm on a (soft) deadline with Jagger so she's my main goal as I had into the week, with the hope of finishing this first book by end of month latest. While I'm at it, I'm going to think of Jack Bauer. Well, probably Kiefer Sutherland if I'm being truthful. Either as himself, or in Jack's clothes, I'm sure this week's Muse Avatar will help me power through.

- Dawn

The Book In My Bag This Week: The Last Boyfriend, Nora Roberts


No comments:

Post a Comment