Monday, February 27, 2012

Blake is a honey of a muse


I don't listen to much country music, and I couldn't sing the chorus of a single Blake Shelton song, but I'm seriously crushing on this entertainer - and I have The Voice to blame.

I started watching the show for Adam Levine (and really, who isn't?) - and maybe a little for Christina Aguilera, because the girl has got some impressive pipes. Not to mention I have an unhealthy addiction to reality shows where people showcase talent, mostly because when it comes to singing and dancing, I have none. 

But with every turn of his big red chair, Blake is winning me over with that adorable smile, genuine enthusiasm, and care-bear heart. So much so, I'm considering downloading one of his records.

I know, right? So not me.

Perhaps I'm looking for a little change. With the awesome Jessica Bell AT MY HOUSE this week (yes, be jealous, my friends), my routine is going through a bit of a shake-up. Trust me, I'm not complaining - I'm sucking up every. single. minute of her short time here.

But both of us still have work to do - lots of work. The week is busy, and I could use a bit of a muse avatar shakedown.

Enter Blake. Smiling. Adorable. Big heart.

Perfect.

Go forth and inspire, Mr. Muse Avatar.

- Dawn

The Book In My Bag Today: Rot & Ruin, Jonathan Mayberry

PS - There's still time to WIN one of more than 100 YA fiction titles, including a signed copy (by me) of the Spirited Anthology. Join the "other me" at the hop here...

8 comments:

  1. He does seem like a genuinely nice guy... but my tolerance for country is limited. Do have some favorites, but don't listen to the genre religiously.

    Looks like a welcome change, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tolerance for country is also limited...but Blake could change my mind :-)

      Delete
  2. I think all four judges are great and the show is so much fun to watch. Blake is very masculine and there's nothing cheesy about him, and that's why I like him. Don't really care about his music, but as a person, he seems cool.

    We're coming from the same planet when speaking of reality shows involving talent. I love those too. :)

    You should check out previous seasons of the original X Factor (The UK version, not the boring US version). It's the best singing competition EVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Nebular...the show is a blast, and it's my new addiction. I still love Idol, though mostly for Steven Tyler. LOL I WILL check out the UK X-Factor...the US one was ok, but I've heard better things about the UK version.

      Delete
  3. So WHEN do we get to cover him with honey? Erm... I haven't seen him before--hadn't heard of him, but he does look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I have a bucket of honey ready and waiting :-)

      Delete
  4. Ha! When I first saw the photo, I thought to myself, "I don't like country music, but Blake Shelton is sure easy on the eyes." Then I scrolled down, and that's pretty much what you said! (New to your blog, but I already see that we must think alike!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he's definitely easy on the eyes...Thanks for stopping by the blog. Going to check out your profile...not in a creepy way :-D

      Delete