Monday, January 16, 2012

Rewind. Insert Muse. Play.


I'm big enough to admit when I've made a mistake.

Last week, I made one. A big one. I chose Ian Somerhalder over Kiefer Sutherland as muse avatar. (To my credit, I tossed and turned over the decision...)

Not that Ian is ever a bad choice. It's just that I couldn't have predicted I'd need more than a sexy smile from an on-screen bad boy to face the crap storm life threw at me last week. What I really needed was a kick-ass real bad boy - on screen and off.

Whether it's writing inspiration, tackling life problems, or simply providing eye candy, Kiefer's never steered me wrong.

Plus, he's been my muse avatar before. A few times, actually. So he knows the ropes - and how to kick my butt in gear. Gently, of course.

It's taken me a year to stop thinking about Kiefer as Jack Bauer and settle him into his role on the new series, Touch (coming soon!) Before that though, I really need to cast him as muse. I've scheduled some pretty big deadlines to catch me up on everything that didn't get done last week.

Not Ian's fault.

But this week, it's Kiefer's problem. I have no doubt he'll rise to the challenge.

- Dawn

The Book In My Bag Today: Survivor in Death, J.D. Robb

6 comments:

  1. Like Keifer, you are a toughie. You can do this <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny. I've met him. He's really nice and warm. I bet he'd like that he's been your muse multiple times. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, right now, I don't know if I'm in awe of you, or planning your demise. You've MET Kiefer? Ack. Love him. *shakes off jealousy* Ok, I love you again :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Is that an invite? I'll bring you something distinctly Canadian :-D

      Delete