Monday, September 19, 2011

An aMUSEing hybrid

In anticipation of the new season of The Vampire Diaries - and thus the thrilling return of Ian Somerhalder to my television screen, dreams, and Monday morning blog posts - I'd almost glossed over other potential muse avatars.

That is, until my stepdaughter and I watched the season premiere on Thursday, and I was reminded of Joseph Morgan, who stars as Klaus - an even "badder" vampire than Damon. Shocking, I know. (He's actually a hybrid...a were/vamp...but um, that's irrelevant here...)


Despite my not-so-secret attraction to bad boys, the "once-morally driven-now-serial killer" Stefan isn't quite up to muse-inspiring par.


Klaus is. Big time.


There's something compelling about his character, and his portrayal of it. Klaus is clearly a bad-ass, but he does his dirty work with charm, and a killer, melt-inducing smirk. I want to look away, but there's this naughty twinkle in his eye that paralyzes me like a male Medusa.


I love the dynamics of his character, and am hopeful Joseph Morgan will be up for some one-to-one discussion about what makes Klaus tick - and how he can be so awesomely evil, but so freaking sexy as the same time. 


- Dawn


The Book In My Bag Today: The Hypnotist, Lars Keplar   

5 comments:

  1. I agree. I think Klaus' subtle ways is oddly attractive in his character. It will be interesting to see where this is going and what part Damon ends up playing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I have never seen this guy before. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. salarsen - I agree. Klaus and Damon in one show? Freaking awesome!

    Thanks, JAN.

    LTM - glad I'm not alone in this (continuous) thought process.

    SUZANNE - Happy to have introduced you to a new hottie :-) XO

    ReplyDelete