Monday, October 19, 2009

The many faces of my muse

I needed someone with versatility this Monday. 

The kind of muse that will bounce between characters and give me the same inspiration and focus for all of them. 

Who better than Mr. Versatility himself? Johnny Depp has always topped my list of Hollywood babes, whether he's the odd Mr. Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, or a strangely sexy pirate from the Caribbean. 

Perhaps more impressive than his drop dead sexiness is his ability to be whoever the script asks him to be. He could have been just a heart throb, but he's become so much more than that.

I appreciate his versatility, and have this week cast him as my muse. I know if I need a distraction, I can flip through Google images. But I also know that throughout the week, I can rely on him to be exactly who I need to be.

This Monday morning, I expect him to be a little creepy. I'm nearing the finish line of the FINAL edits for my thriller, ABSOLUTION, and Mario could use just a little bit of tweaking. Go forth, Mr. Muse - be creepy. And sexy at the same time. I have little doubt you'll rise to the challenge. 


2 comments:

  1. Heh. "Rise to the challenge." Uh-huh. :)

    I auditioned Mr. Depp for the position of Internal Editor before I settled on Mr. Craig. Picking between them was one of the toughest choices I've ever made. In other words, you have excellent taste. But then we knew that, already, didn't we, oh crit partner of mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall reading your debate and I felt you did a good job of weighing the pros and cons between Mr. Craig and Mr. Depp. I feel Mr. Depp's sitting position (versus the lying down image you displayed) will allow him to focus on the part of My Muse this week - but rest assured, I will flip to your blog on many occasions for distraction. Both Mr. Craig and Mr. Depp are high on my Hollywood Hunk list. Indeed, beloved crit partner of mine, we do have impeccable taste. xo

    ReplyDelete